A finance professional from Eden Prairie went through a gearhead phase, and started buying small engines vehicles like ATV’s and dirt bikes. The man enjoyed getting off of work in his busy office and tinkering with his dirt bikes and engines. This relieved a lot of stress for the man. He wanted to improve the garage he had at home to accommodate his passion, and he decided to update his Eden Prairie garage floors. He wanted to extend the garage floors by adding an additional stall. This would give him the additional space that he wanted. He contacted A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving after getting recommendations on the most qualified concrete contractor who did garage floors Eden Prairie receives services from.
A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving told him that we would absolutely be able to extend his garage floors and to go along with the design plans that he had created. A Pietig Concrete specialists arrived at the home, and started the Eden Prairie garage floors. The team was able to have the project completed for the finance worker in just under three days. When he seen the finished garage doors he was pleasantly on cloud nine. He now has room for three stalls instead of two, and has all the space to tinker with his projects. He’s almost finished putting together a custom dirt bike, which he can’t wait to ride.
Our concrete crew was called to Eden Prairie for our customer who was having driveway issues. It was not draining properly and the cracks were starting to form. We evaluated the driveway and started working immediately. As we were working, the concrete was starting to crumble. If the customer would have waited any longer, the project would have turned into a costly repair. The crew worked intensively on the driveway until it was completed. We finished off with a resurface, so the driveway would be smooth, drain properly, and look appealing. We invited our customer to take a look at our finished work, and he said, “You all did a wonderful job. I am impressed!” We asked him how he heard about A. Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving Inc. and he said he found us when he searched on Google for ‘Eden Prairie concrete driveway repair company.’ He said our list of services and years of experience led him to calling us.
You can find more information on Eden Prairie’s #1 concrete company, here!
When shopping for concrete there are a few questions that need to be asked
Your driveway is an essential part of your home and knowing the right questions to ask will keep you well informed. A few questions you should ask include:
- Is concrete cheap? A concrete driveway provides no cracks and a smooth surface. The color and high performance is another added benefit of concrete. The price isn’t cheap. If you think you can get a cheap concrete driveway, then you are wrong. If a contractor gives you an amazingly low price for your concrete driveway, then you should remain skeptical. The price can range from $2.50 per square foot up to $6.00 per square foot. The key to remember is that you get what you pay for.
- Will the concrete color be exact? There could be slight color variation as there are many materials that are used to make the concrete. The color that you choose will be very close, but could be slightly off. You will not be able to notice any slight color difference.
- Will the concrete crack? It is very unlikely that the concrete will crack. If the concrete has been jointed properly, then there should be no cracks. Sometimes a random crack can occur no matter how well the procedure was performed. The cracks can be repaired.
- Does the concrete need to be sealed? If you live in an area where the temperatures can be below freezing and also thaws, then having a quality sealer applied will protect your concrete. The sealer will protect the concrete from oil stains, moisture absorption, and it will enhance the color of the concrete. It is recommended to seal your concrete, as it will protect the concrete and your investment in your driveway.
- When can I drive on my driveway? Once your concrete driveway has been installed, you should try to wait a week before you drive on it. You can walk on the driveway the next day, but you want to wait before driving a vehicle on the driveway for a week. This will give the concrete the time it needs to sit properly.
These are a few important questions that you should ask when shopping for concrete. Each question is very important. If a contractor does not answer the question to where you can understand it, then try working with a different contractor.
For more information on the Twin Cities concrete company, click here!
One of the most common questions that is asked about concrete is “how long will it last?”
If the concrete has been properly installed and sealed, then the concrete can last up to 50 years. Once the concrete has been installed, it is important for your concrete to cure. The curing process allows the concrete to gain strength. The curing stage is usually a month, and then a sealer is applied to protect the concrete.
The most important thing to remember about the concrete is to stay off of it for the first 24 hours after the concrete has been installed. You will want to keep everyone and everything off the concrete for this first 24-hour period. After this initial period, you can walk across the concrete, but you should avoid driving on the concrete for at least a week. Giving your concrete this time will allow it to gain the strength that it needs to last the full 50 years. Once the week is up, you can drive on it, kids can play on it; you can enjoy the driveway. You do want to make sure no heavy vehicles, such as trash trucks, drive on your driveway for a while. It is recommended to keep heavy vehicles off the driveway for at least 30 days. This gives the concrete plenty of time to cure and gain the strength that it needs to hold up.
After the curing time has passed, a sealant will be applied. The only thing that homeowners will have to do to their concrete is a good washing with a power washer or hose several times a year. This will keep the concrete clean of any chemicals and dirt. Weather elements such as rain, snow, and sunlight contains many chemicals that can be deposited on the concrete, but a good cleaning will remove them. The sealant will also protect the concrete from absorbing any of these chemicals.
Concrete is an excellent addition to any home and can last a homeowner 25-50 years. The length of time depends on the concrete, weather conditions, and how well the concrete is maintained by the homeowner. Many homeowners never have to worry about replacing their concrete for the time that they own their home, which is the main reason homeowners choose concrete.
For more information on the Twin Cities best concrete company, click here!