Your #1 Bloomington Concrete Experts
A.Pietig Concrete and Brick Paving is Bloomington’s #1 concrete contractor because of a commitment to excellence in the areas of quality work and customer service. The owner of the company, Andy Pietig, is a respected leader in the cement contracting community who has 15 years of experience doing a number of different types of projects. Some of the services offered by our company include both the installation and help with designing custom stone, masonry, retaining walls, and both cement and brick paver driveways. We are willing to take on any job regardless of how large, small, easy, or difficult it might be. Our professionals take pride in their work, so you know you will get a quality job done every time. We are dedicated to providing our customers with the results you want and the results that you deserve.
- Concrete driveway paving
- Concrete patio
- Concrete garage floors
Our Award Winning Concrete Services
At A.Pietig Concrete and Brick Paving, it is clear that we love what we do, and the evidence to prove that is in the high quality work we do for our customers. This dedication to excellence has made us an industry leader and award winner for the many different concrete services we offer. We have developed a reputation with past customers for not only doing a quality job, but for going the extra mile and often exceeding the expectations of our customers. Andy Pietig, the owner of the company, has built a reputation of trust, integrity, honesty, and professionalism with his customers over the last 15 years, both with customers and peers in the industry. What makes our company stand out is that we are completely dedicated to providing quality craftsmanship. We care about all of the details of a project, no matter how small. Contact us today so that we can help you get started!
Bloomington Brick Paving Services
A brick paver driveway can be an excellent addition to your home. If you are considering a brick paver driveway, you want to contact professionals you can trust to help you come up with a good design to match your home and professionals who can make that design a reality. A.Pietig is the leading company choice for the Bloomington area. You can rest easy when you hire us because we care about you and your project. Our reputation for quality work and customer service speaks for itself, as we come highly recommended on Angie’s List and have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. Call us for more information at 952-835-0393.
- New Concrete Driveway in Bloomington MN
A. Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving, Inc. had the opportunity to install a new concrete driveway for homeowners in Bloomington, MN.
The couple had us install a new concrete stairway and pad as well as a front sidewalk, measuring 21’ x 4’ total, in 2013, so when they needed to have their concrete driveway redone, they knew who to call! They asked us to come take a look whenever we could work them into our schedule to get the ball rolling.
We were working in the area and were able to stop by first thing the next morning. Since they were both currently working from home, this worked for their schedule. The long Minnesota winters had taken their toll on this driveway as the concrete had many large cracks in it, plus the top layer of the driveway was showing significant signs of wear from salt usage. We told them we could get to their job the next Thursday and they were thrilled.
Our concrete paving crew arrived first thing on that Thursday morning. We began by cutting the concrete joint between the footings in the garage so we could remove the garage pad and the large driveway. We then surveyed the sub base to ensure the driveway would have proper drainage. Next we recompacted the sub base and set the concrete forms to pour the new 78 x 20” concrete driveway.
The new driveway looks great and the client was very pleased with our work and the improved overall appearance of the home with the new garage pad and driveway.
- A Pietig Brick Paver Driveway In BloomingtonOur crew recently had the pleasure of working with a local Bloomington family. They were looking for a concrete company in Bloomington to redo their driveway. The paver driveway turned out beautifully, and the family was very happy with the polite crew and clean job site. They were also very pleased with their new brick pavers driveway, saying that it looked great.
- A Pietig Serves Plumber as a Trusted Bloomington Concrete CompanyA plumbing contractor who had increased in size was needed to have his gravel driveway leading to the office replaced with a dependable driveway. The contractor had doubled in business within the last two years, so he had hired quite a few new workers. The driveway was getting a lot of traffic from customers, workers, and equipment. The owner of the business had previously hired us for work at his house, so he didn’t hesitate to call the top concrete company in Bloomington, A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving, and we told him we could install the new driveway without a problem. The A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving crew met with the customer to give him an estimate on a new sturdy and dependable driveway. The crew measured the current driveway, then gave the customer an estimate he was pleased with, then he scheduled us to start on the driveway as soon as possible. The crew returned on the day scheduled, then started prepping the area and constructing the concrete driveway. The crew completed the project ahead of schedule and right on budget. The customer was happy to see that the driveway was done and looking great. The customer said he thought about getting an asphalt driveway installed, but when he learned that a concrete one could last him up to fifty years he had to go with it, because it was a wiser investment. The customer said that once again A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving came through for him again and proved that we are the only concrete company in Bloomington to call.
- Bloomington Concrete Steps Fixed After Needing Repairs
A dad had noticed some the gradual, natural damage that slowly eroded and crumbled his steps over the course of his home’s life. He never kept the maintenance up on the steps, because he always thought that his concrete steps would last forever. His wife stumbled on the crumbled steps one afternoon carrying in the groceries and she sprained her ankle. Her husband knew this accident could have been much worse and knew he could no longer not do something about the steps, so he decided to upgrade his Bloomington concrete steps with an attractive and safe new installation done by A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving.
The A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving crew arrived at the Bloomington home and started removing the old concrete steps. The crew started installing the new steps and had the job done for the homeowner ahead of schedule. When our customer looked at his new steps that we had installed for him, he wished he had done this sooner because the steps looked so good and they were safe for his family and any guests. The customer said that A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving provided him with Bloomington concrete steps that make his home look wonderful, but most of all he doesn’t have to worry about anyone tripping and being hurt on the steps either. The customer thanked our crew members over and over and said that we were a professional and knowledgeable company that provided him with concrete steps Bloomington homeowners would approve of.
- Bloomington Concrete Wall Installed by A. Pietig
Recently, A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving was contacted by a resident in Bloomington. The Bloomington resident is a librarian who set some goals this year, and the goals was to get outside more during the warmer months. She wanted to set up some planter spaces and a Bloomington concrete wall for retention. All of her friends and neighbors recommended A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving for the job, and we were more than happy to supply an estimate for her.
Our crew arrived at the librarian’s home. She showed our crew where she wanted to have the concrete wall installed so she could start a small garden. She said that she did some research at work and is really excited to start working on a thriving garden. We measured the area, then gave her an estimate for the project. She said she wanted think about it and let us know. The librarian contacted us about a week later to hire us for the project. She said she gave it a lot of thought and knew that A Pietig Concrete & Brick paving was the professional company she could trust to install the best concrete wall Bloomington outdoor enthusiasts would enjoy. We set up the installation for the customer and the crew arrived on time as scheduled. The crew went to work installing the concrete wall in Bloomington, and when we were done the customer said that it was exactly what she was looking for. She was glad that she will be able to accomplish some of her goals this year, and we were happy to be a part of that.
- Remodel Calls for BEst Bloomington Brick Pavers
A couple wanted their driveway replaced in the beginning of last spring, which is when they called A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving for the top brick pavers in Bloomington. The A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving team arrived at the Bloomington home to start the brick paving driveway project. The current driveway had to be removed first, which took the team the entire day to do. Afterwards the team started prepping the ground so they could installed the brick pavers.
The A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving worked each day until the driveway was done for the couple. It took our team about three days, but the couple didn’t mind because they wanted the driveway to be done perfectly. It has been awhile since we did the driveway in Bloomington and we were surprised to hear from the couple a few days ago. The couple just wanted to let us know it had been a few months since our work was completed, but the driveway looks just as good today as it did when we installed the driveway. The couple said they get many compliments on the driveway and they smile and say that A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving are the professional brick pavers Bloomington homeowners can depend upon. The job is done with professionalism and the highest quality of products available. A Pietig Concrete & Brick Paving thrives on providing each customer with the best brick pavers possible.
- Brick Patio in Bloomington Brings Greater Curb AppealIn Bloomington, we had a customer in need of new paver steps and a brick patio. This particular customer hired us in the past and loved our quality of work. The patio they had before was in good condition, but did not add curb appeal to the home. They wanted a multi-toned brick selection to bring out the colors of the house and driveway. We also built new patio steps that would match. Our customer said Andy was great to work with and they love their new look! The paver steps and patio both turned out great- see the photos below! Learn about A. Pietig’s brick paver services in Bloomington, here!
- Happy Customer After Concrete ReplacementA. Pietig was scheduled for a sidewalk, patio, and landscape edging for a customer in Bloomington. She found us through a referral after having a great experience with us. She told us she just needed the old concrete to be taken out and replaced, since it was so old. Our crew worked efficiently and with care to complete the project on time. Read what our customer said about our service, below! “Dear Andy, Your crew did a wonderful job! The sidewalk, patio, and landscape edging look great! The guys were very knowledgable and answered my questions about brick care. They were also very nice men. Thank you for a job well done! Nancy” Check out our other Bloomington concrete services, here!
- New Concrete Patio Installed in BloomingtonA Bloomington resident called us about installing a concrete patio. He explained his situation and told us several slabs of concrete were raised and was worried someone would eventually trip on it and get hurt. The A. Pietig crew arrived to tear out the previous patio and install new concrete. We covered all of the plants and flowers that were surrounding the patio, so they would be protected while we worked. We ground the cement down, so it would break into large pieces that we could transport. Once the concrete was completely in place, we asked our customer to come take a look. He came out to the patio, and instantly said, “wow, it looks great!” He thanked us for protecting his wife’s plants and flowers and for our professional work. He mentioned how he can now actually use his patio without watching every step he took to avoid a fall. We would like to thank you for trusting us with your patio. Our team is trained and qualified and will do everything possible to protect any landscaping that our customers have. We know how hard it is to keep your landscaping looking great, and we respect that by protecting plants and flowers. We just wanted to remind you that we offer other services, which include; concrete driveways, foundation repairs, and steps and sidewalks. Call us anytime you need any of these services done. Click to read more on the concrete company Bloomington residents trust! For more information on our concrete patios in Bloomington, MN, click here!
- Concrete Driveway Replaces Asphalt in Bloomington, MNWe had a driveway service scheduled for one of our customers in Bloomington, MN. He was a previous customer for our snow plowing service and knew we offered driveway installations. He had an old asphalt driveway and wanted to replace it with new concrete. We scheduled a date and when we arrived, we began working immediately. At A. Pietig, we have the right equipment to complete any concrete project. To begin, we had to break the asphalt up, which can be done with a concrete saw or jackhammer. The amount that is needed to be removed will depend on the thickness and how large the area is. After it was broken into manageable blocks, we stored them in a designated area to be removed. Asphalt blocks can be recycled, used as stepping stones or even a made into a retaining wall. The driveway was now emptied of asphalt and was ready for the concrete to be poured in. We marked the surrounding area as a reminder not to walk or drive on the surface until it was completely hardened. After we cleaned up, we called him to let him know that his new concrete driveway was complete and that we would call back in a few days to make sure he was satisfied. When we got ahold of our customer, he said he was really impressed! He also commented on how well our team worked on his property, and that we always cleaned up before we left for the day. While we had our customer on the phone, we asked him how he initially found us, and he said he searched on Google. He commented on how many previous customers raved about our services, so gave us a call. He returned online to leave us feedback that said, “The A. Pietig Concrete Company went out of their way to get my new concrete driveway installed. The employees were all courteous, and professional. The job was affordable, and I highly recommend this company!” A.Pietig Concrete would like to thank you for trusting us with your new concrete driveway. We know it can be stressful for homeowners when a new driveway is being installed. We try to make the process and installation stress-free from start to finish. We offer a variety of services, which include: concrete walkways, steps, sidewalks, patios, and all foundation work. Click on the link to read more on our concrete driveway services in Bloomington!
- Concrete Driveway Has New Curb Appeal in Bloomington, MNA. Pietig was scheduled to service a customer in Bloomington, MN. The customer wanted her concrete driveway to have more shape and character. She saw photos on our website of our previous work, and found one she loved! With the variety of textures and colors available these days, your driveway shouldn’t have to be boring. She decided to have the driveway split and sectioned up into eight squares to add her own unique curb appeal. We were able to apply the cement to her driveway and section it off. It ended up looking just as it did in the picture she showed us. She said she found us on Angie’s List, where she knew she could trust the honest reviews that people write. Our company had outstanding reviews that she trusted and called us. She was very happy with the results we provided and can’t wait for the compliments she is about to receive! A. Pietig offers other services: sidewalks, patios, and steps. Contact A. Pietig for all of your concrete needs!
- How Long Does Concrete Last?
One of the most common questions that is asked about concrete is “how long will it last?”If the concrete has been properly installed and sealed, then the concrete can last up to 50 years. Once the concrete has been installed, it is important for your concrete to cure. The curing process allows the concrete to gain strength. The curing stage is usually a month, and then a sealer is applied to protect the concrete. The most important thing to remember about the concrete is to stay off of it for the first 24 hours after the concrete has been installed. You will want to keep everyone and everything off the concrete for this first 24-hour period. After this initial period, you can walk across the concrete, but you should avoid driving on the concrete for at least a week. Giving your concrete this time will allow it to gain the strength that it needs to last the full 50 years. Once the week is up, you can drive on it, kids can play on it; you can enjoy the driveway. You do want to make sure no heavy vehicles, such as trash trucks, drive on your driveway for a while. It is recommended to keep heavy vehicles off the driveway for at least 30 days. This gives the concrete plenty of time to cure and gain the strength that it needs to hold up. After the curing time has passed, a sealant will be applied. The only thing that homeowners will have to do to their concrete is a good washing with a power washer or hose several times a year. This will keep the concrete clean of any chemicals and dirt. Weather elements such as rain, snow, and sunlight contains many chemicals that can be deposited on the concrete, but a good cleaning will remove them. The sealant will also protect the concrete from absorbing any of these chemicals. Concrete is an excellent addition to any home and can last a homeowner 25-50 years. The length of time depends on the concrete, weather conditions, and how well the concrete is maintained by the homeowner. Many homeowners never have to worry about replacing their concrete for the time that they own their home, which is the main reason homeowners choose concrete. For more information on the Twin Cities best concrete company, click here!
- New Bloomington Concrete Driveway ProjectAs a Bloomington based company, our team here at A. Pietig have installed a ton of new concrete driveways for Bloomington, MN residents. In General, Bloomington is a concrete city! Below is a photo of an A. Pietig concrete driveway project. The home was a typical 50-60’s rambler with a front sidewalk going through the driveway. The existing driveway was cracked, heaved and had outlived is useful life. We removed the old concrete, made adjustments to the base layer and installed a new concrete driveway. The result brightens up the look of the home and the homeowner is very happy with their new concrete driveway! Thanks again! A. Pietig Concrete, Bloomington, MN